They may not be actually heavy, but coupons and other loyalty cards can be annoying, especially in handbags and pockets.
How to unclutter coupons and useless cards?
- Empty out whatever looks like a coupon or loyalty/membership card from everything (e.g. your wallet, purse, card holder, small pockets and other pouches).
- If your attention is distracted by a squirrel, stay focused on the task at hand. You can repeat to yourself “focus, focus” if it helps you, well, focus.
- Throw out all expired coupons.
- Throw out all valid coupons for things you don’t usually buy. In other words, if you didn’t have a coupon, would you still purchase that product? If not, time to get rid of it.
- Throw out membership and loyalty cards for stores you haven’t set foot in 18 months. That’s a year and a half. Also check your keychain for the smaller versions (keytags).
- If you have “an app for that,” you can also scan your loyalty cards into your smartphone and throw out the physical ones.
- Enjoy the weight that has been lifted from your shoulders.